Prepare for DAPA

While the immigration service is not accepting applications at this time for Deferred Action for Parental Accountability program (DAPA), start preparing now by collecting the following documents:


  • Birth certificate and photo identification (ID). Passport, school or military ID, identification document from your country of origin like a Matricula Consular, or any document with your name and photo, like a Driver’s License or ID.

Relationship to U.S. Citizen or Law Permanent Resident

  • Birth Certificates, Medical Records of the child, School Records of the child

Entry to the United States Before a Particular Date

  • Immigration record or documents with your date of entry, passport with admission stamp (Form I-94/I-95/I-94W), or travel records.
  • You can also use medical records (including immunization record) or school records.

Presence and Residence in the United States from a Particular Date

  • Proof of presence with dates and addresses using immigration documents, government records, medical records, military records, employment records, religious or community organizations records, insurance policies, tax records, etc.
  • Bank receipts, financial records, credit card receipts, money order receipts, rental agreements, deeds, mortgages, utility bills, club memberships, etc.

Tax Filings

  • If you do not have copies of your past filings, call the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at 1-800-908-9946 to order a transcript for free.
  • If you have not filed your taxes, ask for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) by calling 1-800-829-1040 and file them.

Employment History

  • Record dates, names, and addresses of the places where you have worked.

Application Fee

  • Start saving money for the application fee.
  • Also save money in case you need it for an attorney

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s