Who is eligible?

The USCIS is ONLY accepting applications if you are requesting DACA (2012) for the first time or renewing your already existing deferred action. They will NOT be accepting applications for the expansion of DACA.

On June 15, 2012, the DHS announced that certain people who came to the U.S. as children and meet several guidelines may request consideration of deferred action for a period of two years.

You may apply for DACA (2012) if you:

– Came to the U.S. before the age of 16 years old and have continuously lived in the U.S. since June 15, 2007
– Were under the age of 31 years old at June 15, 2012
– Have completed high school or GED, have been honorably discharged from the armed forces, or if you are currently enrolled in school
– Have not been convicted of a felony or serious misconduct

Meanwhile, check out our upcoming information sessions on DACA.

Who is eligible for DACA expanded (2014)?
-Current DACA recipients seeking renewal and new applicants, including individuals born prior to June 15, 1981, who meet all other DACA guidelines. these are some of the changes:

– No age cap
– You must have lived in the U.S. since January 1st, 2010
– Extended from 2 years to 3 years

What are Changes?

  • Allows individuals born prior to June 15, 1981, to apply for DACA (removing the upper age restriction) provided they meet all other guidelines.
  • Requires continuous residence in the United States since January 1, 2010, rather than the prior requirement of June 15, 2007.
  • Extends the deferred action period and employment authorization to three years from the current two years.What are the New Requirements? To be eligible for deferred action under the DACA program, you must:
  • Have come to the United States before your sixteenth birthday.
  • Have continuously lived in the U.S. since January 1, 2010.
  • Have been present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012, and on every day since August 15, 2012.
  • Not have a lawful immigration status.
  • Be at least 15 years old.
  • Have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, be an honorably discharged veteran of U.S. armed forces, or be in school.When does application process begin?
  • Approximately 90 days following the President’s November 20, 2014, announcement.
  • Although the immigration service is not accepting applications at this time for persons that meet the new expanded requirements, prepare now by gathering documentation that establishes your identity and continuous residence in the United States since January 1, 2010 or more.


    Call our hotline: 1-888-406-0541


    Free SMS Alerts: Send a text with the word “actionfl” to 313131

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s